Friday, October 24, 2008

Books and Me

21/09/08
Its 2.50 a.m as I finish my last story from Jeffrey Archer’s Cat O Nine Tales…Found the book to be just about ok as m tryin to develop reading interests again (inspired by my pathetic scores in English in SIMCAT)…..started with One Night @ Call Centre n found the book to be quite interesting that I finished it one day…..Total filmy n probably dats y I liked this book….And its not that I never used to read…I actually luved reading durin my school days….used to sit from 12.00 a.m to 4.00 am durin my vacation to finish off a book (favourites being Enid Blyton’s Mysterious 5, Hardy Boys, R L Stine’s Fear street saga) despite some serious warnings to go off to sleep frm my grandfather…..I donno y but after 9th std I completely stopped reading….n now making an effort to start that again………Luk fwd to reading 5 point someone and 3 mistakes of my life in the near future…

18/10/2008:
I had written the above post initially as a part of diff strokes -2, but then dint feel like posting it…so removed dat part while posting….n by now I have already read 5 point some1 and 3 mistakes…after reading one night @ call centre, dint really find 5 point to be all dat interesting but after reading 5 point. I liked 3 mistakes….though interestingly book like 5 point actually inspires me to write as well….but then sadly I don hav frends like Ryan and Alok, nor do I have a galfrend like Neha (jo ek crush thi who bhi kahin kho gayi n gues m actually happy abt it), nor do I have too many memorable moments of school/college life (the only ones I remember are couple of embarrassing moments…wonder y these never leave u) and hardly have I ever screwed up my grades….infact this reminds me of few instances where I had screwed up my scores (CA course not included):
One which I distinctly remember was in my 9th std during my science-1 practicals..the experiment was to measure the volume of a stone by immersing it in a beaker filled with water upto the brim n calculating the volume of water displaced by it…I took the stone tied onto a thread and immersed into the beaker holding the thread, and then realized water was not filled upto the brim and as I was trying to pour water into the beaker using other hand, the thread slipped from my hand and the stone was going inside…as an immediate reaction, I put my hand inside the beaker to collect the stone and the water started flowing onto the table and my answer sheet (and to make matters worse , I was occupyin the first table) when prof quickly came up to my table and helped me with cleanin up the answer sheet and remarked with a smug on his face “ R u trying to measure the volume of your hand???” n sarcastically added “ u r the same guy who scored full in algebra? How much do u think u ll get here?” I thought to myself “ ok fine I m a duffer when it comes to science…big deal”…I never even liked dat subject

Another instance which I remember was da maths paper in FYJC in the second term which I guess no podarite of my batch can ever forget….twas the toughest maths paper I mite have ever come across…I remember wen I started writing that paper , questions were looking like greek and latin…absolute bouncers to me. I realized dat I was consuming too much time on the initial questions and after wasting considerable amount of time, I thought I will start solving from behind and I quickly realized I wont run short of time…infact I will have too much tym on hand coz I jus dinno how to solve…but then here situation of others weren’t too different …all of us were lookin at each other n one of my frenz walked out of the exam in half an hour….but I did manage to pass securing a 42/100 (ohh I stil remember those marks) I think not more than 6 students mite have cleared out of our class of 50 (majority of whom were those who secured 85+%in SSC)

Apart from the above 2 instances, another subject which scared me was “ Foundation Course” (FC) in SYBCom…had no clue wat was dat subject doin in syllabus…it was abt sum historic n pre historic stuff…sumthin which I could neither understand nor mug up..i think I scored 19/50 in first term n 17/50 in 2nd (meaning 36/100 …just managed to pass thou technically speaking flunked in the 2nd term…n I guess the first and only tym I mite hav flunked)…neways I made sure these marks never reached my parents…I jus gave dem the overall percentage I scored which was quite decent I think (don remember dat at all) probably the reason y they never asked individual subject marks….

Oops….got a little carried away… now comin bak to the topic I was originally discussin …dat abt writing a story…wel quite clear dat I don’t have much to write abt myself that can be converted into a story so sumthing like a 5point sum1 is ruled out….but then a “3 mistakes” kinda story is possible…for which I jus needed sum1 else to narrate their story to me….and importantly an interesting story….n yup I did find dat person…..so next few posts on my blog wud be her story….Apeksha's love story……well I don really know how well can i/she put it across…but ya can definitely assure u dat its gonna b worth a read…..keep reading……….

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well well!! now i know i shud read the 5 points n 3 mistakes books befoe u finish apekasha'scoops ur story!!! ;-)

Unknown said...

hyrivelihmm, interesting ... nice ending dude ... im sure every1s gonna wait for apeksha's story..

btw, i deserve to bein this post .. it NOT FAIR tht i ve not been given credit where due ....

btw, i hope u ve started with DVC...