Sunday, September 13, 2009

The First Date

Its been almost 5 months now since I have written (I am not counting the last post as it wasn’t written by me). Probably coz neither did I feel like writing nor was there anything interesting to write. And I guess its after a very long time today that I am awake at 2 in the night. Well I guess I will start with some updates on the personal front:

The Good News: Cleared my cfa level 1 (yipppeee)…got promoted…now a Manager (yipppee – note-1 e less…hehe)

The Daily Stuff: Nothing but work….and the more I think abt my work the more I get confused…..i don’t know if I really wanna continue with what I m currently doing in the long term…n the sadder part is I don’t kno what is it that I exactly wanna do…..and I finally came to a temporary conclusion – STOP THINKING…..atleast for now….and other than work - have been watchin loads of movies lately – on pc, on tv (all weird movies, the latest being “AB BAS” (lol I guess only I cud hav seen dat), and occasionally on the big screen.

The Decision - decided to learn driving (finally!!!!!…..will pay the fees tmrw hopefully….n suggestions for a gud small car is always welcome)……….

And now let me continue with my story writing. Another short one..………….

The First Date (suggestions for a better title is welcome):

I was anxious, nervous, eager, excited, all at the same time. I was going to meet her for the first time after 1.5 years. It started with online chatting which moved on to sms ing, then to frequent calling and finally talking with each other every single day.

We had shared our snaps with each other after 6 months of chatting. Though it was a group snap, I was still able to identify her correctly. She looked the way I had imagined her to and I knew instantly she was the girl for me. And now after 1.5 years of knowing her, I expressed my intention to meet her for the umpteenth time, to let her know my feelings for her. I never wanted to express the same over the phone or on the net. Luckily she agreed to meet this time, though I never understood why she never agreed before. That’s what made me quite nervous thinking, ‘what if she didn’t share the same feelings as mine?’ Though I always had got the impression that she liked me equally yet I was not sure if she loved me.

We decided to meet at the Beach Café. Besides being close to her place, I thought it was also the most romantic place where I could propose her. I had already got a ring for her and rehearsed my lines as well. Infact my thoughts were racing ahead of me trying to figure out as to how I would convince my parents, when I looked at the time and realized I had to make a move.

I reached there 10 minutes before and just as I was searching for a good place to sit, I saw her already seated next to the window from where the beach was visible. She looked so beautiful in her red attire and I couldn’t stop staring at her when she caught my eye and waved at me. I went across to her and greeted her with a smile and a ‘hi’.
She replied back smilingly, “Hi. Seems like you were very eager to meet me. You are here well before time.”
Pulling up the chair, I simply said , “so now that explains why you reached even before me”
She: “I think I had told you I am meeting Swati here. She just left 2 minutes back”
Me: “Yeah right. So you should have asked her to wait. At least you could have introduced her to me”
She: “And why do you want to get introduced to her”
Me: “Well ur frend..my frend..”
She: “Ohh is it?,,, anyways…I guess if I m not wrong you have got those flowers for me”
Me: Oh yes ..sorry forgot abt it (handing across the flowers)…flowers for one of the prettiest gal I ve ever met”
She (blushing): Thanks for the compliment thou I think it was a lil bit exaggerated
Me: No. Indeed you are looking very beautiful, particularly when you are smiling. Infact I cant take my eyes off you.
She (continuing to smile, but taking her eyes off me) : hmm... That’s enuf compliments for me for the day. So bolo…what is it that u wanted to tell me which you din wanna say over phone?
Me: Come on…its not just about having something to say. I wanted to meet you. Have you never wanted to meet me?
She: Well its not that…..just that…
Me: You were scared of me?
She: excuse me? Why do you say that?
Me: Because….(laughing) i can see a stick next to your chair….for your safety, is it? Hehe
She: hmm…well that…
Me: ok anyways,…..now coming to what I wanted to say….(it suddenly occurred to me that it would be better if I took her to the beach and gifted her the ring there)….hey temme first, r u hungry?
She: well not really…I jus had a sandwich wen I was wit Swati, but u may order sumthing for urself….
Me: well even I m not hungry….lets go to the beach then…I wanna show u sumthing…
She: whats it? U can show me here….
Me: Nooo….lets go over there….and saying that I got up from my seat and prompted her to….
And then, I was shell shocked to see her reaching out to the walking stick and as she began to stand up, I realized her left leg was paralysed.
Seeing the shocked look on my face, she started, “Well this is sumthing which I had not told you, but always wanted to….”
“So that is why you never wanted to meet me, isn’t it? And I thought I knew everything about you”…..
“Well…I thought you would…it had happened when….”
“Its ok….you don’t have to explain.” I thought I already knew why she never told this though I could nt still believe it…
After 2 minutes of silence, she said “Come lets go to the beach”……
And now I wasn’t too sure if I could still stand by what I had decided….I thought I really loved her, but there was a practical guy inside me who said I needed time to think over this. My thoughts were interrupted when she repeated, “Shall we go….the beach?”
I just din know wat shud I say. I jus glanced at my watch and said, ‘Well , I jus remember I had to go sumwhere. I m sorry I have to rush…will call you later”….Trying to hide her disappointment, she jus smiled and said bye….I couldn’t look at her face when leaving. I just couldn’t dare to………

And on my way back, the thoughts that I had on my way here was jus flashing before me. Holding the ring tightly, I jus thought to myself that it was now no longer abt convincing my parents. Infact even before wanting to know her feelings, now I first had to convince myself and I wasn’t too sure if I could do that……….

11 comments:

Sanchita said...

too good!! keep up the good work

Unknown said...

nice work !! :) ..i hope it doesnt have a sad ending

Vinita said...

achcha hai start..keep it short n sweet..dont tell anyone that i gave u this storyline :)

Unknown said...

good story.. the way u have built up the romance and in one flash its all gone.. its amazing!!

Unknown said...

too good yaar....and very romantic ....i was very eager to read the end part.....

Ashwin said...

Nice one...

Khyati said...

hey...i m eager to know what happend next...nice story yaar....but i wish for a happy ending...!!!

keep it up...

viju said...

thought i ll jus put in a clarification - my story ends here...the remainin i leave it to ur imagination :-)

Unknown said...

Dude... nicely built...

N the obvious end.. i shud say!!

get in touch with me if u wanna know what could the real end to this story!!

Unknown said...

the writing made me imagine u both near beach...nice one :)

Unknown said...

hey it was nice!!! but i think u should ve atleast taken her to the beach..leaving her abruptly is not like a real man!! hehe..