Sunday, July 4, 2010

LSD - Part I

Seems like I m wakin up from a deep slumber!!!! Mebbe I shud atleast set myself a target of 1 post every quarter just so that I don’t forget I had created a blog once upon a time….

Anyways haven’t had much to write about…Life is still the same – plain n borin….after 2.5 weeks of struggle with my CFA books, level 2 exam was a disappointment....well but as it is said u shud never lose ur hopes…so fingers crossed ..waiting for the results…….

After watching the utterly disastrous Kites (but I guess I can watch any movie if I get free tickets), hopin to catch up with Rajneeti the comin weekend (atleast the trailers looked impressive and majority of reviews sounded positive)….And of course all my HR (read himesh Reshammiyya’) movieclub fan members hav a reason to rejoice…Kajrare trailers r out…hope this tym I can get a bigger group to see the movie…I guess ther wer around 8-9 ppl for aap ka suroor n 11 for karzzz….need to beat that….

And now I ll continue wid da snippets…Again stickin to the movie theme, thought of writin down my version of LSD (read Love, Sex aur Dhoka)…so decided to break this down into 3 stories starting with:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOVE:

Chapter 1- The Beginning

It was already 9.15 and I had to be in office by 9.30 to make a presentation. After fighting my way through the crowded railway station with a bag in one hand and umbrella in the other, I ran to the taxi which had just dropped a passenger.
In no time, I opened the door sat inside, when I realized another passenger hopped inside the cab from the other door.
“Excuse me”, I shouted, “I caught the cab first”
“I don’t think so” she replied. That was the first tym I got a glimpse of her. Dressed in a blue salwaar and half drenched in rain with water dripping out from her hair, she looked cute. Any other day, I guess I would have probably offered to drop her and then continue with the same cab to the office, but that day I was in too much of a hurry.
“Listen, I am already late to my office and have a presentation to make. So can I just request if I can take this cab” I don’t kno why but my tone automatically changed to that of a humble request.
“Sorry, I am also running late and today is my first day”
Realising that neither of us would give up, we decided to leave it to the taxi driver as both of us shouted out “Worli Naka”….we then looked at each other and smiled. Quick glance at my watch told me I could still make it on time and a tax ride with a beautiful girl meant today might just be a lucky day for me. But unfortunately, the cab driver had other ideas when he screamed out “nahi jayega”. While she got down immediately, I decided to fight with the cabbie. “Kyon nahi jayega,,Nahi jaana tha t
oh rukaya kyon..Tum na nahi bol sakte”..Before the cabbie could reply, I heard a voice shouting “hey do you wanna join?”
I saw her in a cab. I quickly rushed out not bothering to hear what the cab driver had to say, though i was sure it wasn’t sumthin pleasant, and got into the other cab. “Thanks” I said “It is difficult to get a cab to worli naka from here”. “Yea, I found that out today” she replied.
Sitting next to a beautiful stranger, concentrating on the presentation papers wasn’t such a good idea, I thought, but then I had no choice. And as soon as I was done with the last page, the cab came to a halt and in matter of seconds, I handed over the money and ran across to the opposite side of the road where my office was located. I could faintly hear a voice behind my saying “hey take my share” but I dint have the time to even glance back once. Luckily I reached on time and the presentation, which took almost an hour, went off well. Once out of the conference room, my thoughts ran back to the morning journey when I saw her sitting outside at the reception.
I went across , “ hey so you followed me to give me your share, is it”
She replied, “Well not exactly, this is now going to be my new work place and I am waiting here for my new boss to call me and show me my desk. But anyways, heres my share”
“Oh cool..congratulations, And you can keep your share and pay the next tym we share ……”., my voice trailed off as the receptionist asked her to step inside. Waving a goodbye, she went inside as I realized I did not ask her name. Anyways, next time, I thought…………….

(To be continued)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (ctrl c + ctrl v; source : Google :-)):
"To him she seemed so seductive, so different from ordinary people, that he could not understand why no one was as disturbed as he by the clicking of her heels on the paving stones, why no one else's heart was wild with the breeze stirred by the sighs of her veils, why everyone did not go mad with the movements of her braid, the flight of her hands, the gold of her laughter. He had not missed a single one of her gestures, not one of the indications of her character, but he did not dare approach her for fear of destroying the spell". Gabriel Garcia Marquez
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05/07/10
As sum ppl would have realised, I had written the above almost a month back and since then, I have seen Rajneeti..(first half I thot was fantastic but 2nd half a bit melodramatic – but definitely worth watchin)..when I started the above love story I had two endings in mind and thinking that I will decide about it later, I decided to postpone posting this on the blog. But between then and 2day, nothing has changed as I an realizing its becoming more and more difficult for me to finish off posts in 1 go…and coming to think of it, I guess this would be only my 2nd post in the year 2010 and post deletion of the 25 chapter long story (Apeksha – in case ppl hav forgotten…lol), the number of posts luk so small :-( but I do hope to finish this trilogy (LSD) sometime soon :-)………
Anyways, before I end this post, there was something that caught my attention today…the quality of reporting on the News Channels…ofcourse India TV is by far the leader in this category, but other news channels aint behind as I caught a quick glimpse while surfing the channels ….the storyline read “Raina aur Bhajji khup nache Dhoni ki shaadi mein” WTF!!!!!!!!! Incidentally, today, I also overheard couple of guys talking at saloon abt a news which featured Sallu…Apparently, the storyline read, “ Kaun hai jisne salman ko jhapad mara jisse salman rone lag gaya and sum crazy shit like that. After half an hour of this torture, it turned out that it was Salman’s mom!!!! No points for guessing which channel it was (India TV!!!!)…Not that I am an avid News watcher, but seriously, What have we come to!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, New bollywood songs recommended for listening:

Pee Loon (Once upon a time in Mumbai – Mohit Chauhan)
I am in Love (Once upon a time in Mumbai – as usual KK and Emran Hashmi duo rock)
Sadka Kiya (I hate luv storys)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 comments:

lazydeeps said...

Hey...very cute one! I agree with the bit on news channels, they r stooping to the levels of TV soaps now!
Thnx for the recommended songs...was lukin for som :)

Bhumika said...

cute incident :-)
hope u know her name by now ;-)

Sangeet Lakkar said...

good. unfortunately i get cabs easily for office :(

Vinita said...

good to see ur blogs again. though it is a filmy start - hero n heroin ek hi taxi---lets see aage kya hai..and hero aur tu..thoda exaggeration hogaya :P anyways continue blogging..rajneeti-one time watch movie...

Varsha said...

I liked ur post... da blus salwar kurta.... n rains instigated my imagination...
media... no use watching news these days... yest wen i was wanting to know about the bandh... all i could know of was... what clothes was dhoni wearing what his to be wife was wearing who all came for the marriage n what all gifts he got.. i mean come on... n dat too it was breaing news!

Unknown said...

Return of the storyteller !!!

I like !!!!

Think Positive said...

vijit bau...nice start bro..honestly reading ur blog makes me feel ki kaaash mei us taxi me hota...uske ssaaath...he he he..jst kidding..chalo chalo stiry khatam karo..i hope in the end it shud not happen that this cute girl runs away with TAXi wala because she does not hav to give him a share ha ha ha..

Nirbhay said...

wow man...ur story is interesting :)
waiting for next parts...