Sunday, December 25, 2011

A New Beginning

This one comes after a gap of more than a year…had made few attempts to write in between but it never got completed as movies n sitcoms took priority over writing…But now as I enter a new phase of my life, I thought I should blog and if nothing, then atleast inform ppl that m getting engaged couple of days before the new year sets in…..Couple of friends had suggested about writing my experience on how I met my partner ( Nimita- hereinafter referred to as Nimmi)..but before I could think about it, Nimmi had already written a poem for me which beautifully summed it up..And as I believed that I couldn’t come up with anything better, I decided to post her poem on the blog (with due permission of course)….

So here it goes…..

“How Nimmi met Viju” !!!

A lazy Sunday & I was whiling away time,

Some Westlife songs played in my mind

Thought of looking through the social sites

Thinking that I should catch up with few friends online…


It was then that a familiar name appeared to me,

A name that I heard of earlier, which began with “V”

Smart move to initiate a friendly talk,

“Does he really want to know me?” I thought.


Talked about weekends, talked about cars,

Talked anything under the sun and beyond the stars,

Felt a strange connection and I wondered why,

Then sat back and thought, “Could he be the right guy”?


Small minutes, many hours and few days passed by,

Thought I should meet him and give it a try,

Yet another Sunday and the moment had come,

I felt at ease, all smiles with him, his Dad & Mum. J


A couple of days more and we confirmed the news,

He is my man and I am his muse,

The feeling was special, the feeling was new,

I knew it in my mind that my soul mate is “YOU”


You make me laugh, you make me smile,

You understand my madness and my life,

We dream about the future and travelling miles,

And your presence in my life makes it worthwhile.


You are the one with whom I wish to spend the rest of my life,

Like your best buddy and lawfully wedded wife,

Whatever be the seasons and however the times

I’ll be yours forever, will you forever be mine… ???

Loads of love,

Nimmi J

(Nimmi also has her own blog which has few poems she had penned down - http://nimita21.wordpress.com/)

After she mailed me the poem, I called her up to say it was beautiful and indeed special to me but as we ended the call she asked me for my reply to the last line in the poem. While I had made my decision thinking that she would be the right partner for me, I thought the love element was missing in our relationship as things had moved on so fast between us. I realized I couldn’t reply to her immediately when she said that she wanted my reply to be in the form of a poem. While I am nowhere close to bein a poet, I promised I will write something for her…While I eventually replied in the form of a gift (and m glad she liked it and even more glad that she got it at the right time) I still thought I had to fulfil my part of the promise…So this is for you Nimmi…..

I Love You….

I Love You for havin the patience and standin by me

When I freaked out thinkin I had to decide abt our relationship in a day

I love you for havin understood that I needed time

To get fully involved in this relationship

I love you for givin me the comfort that

I can talk to you endlessly about anything under the sun

I love you when u get upset as soon as u sense that I m upset

I love you for being as filmy n as cheesy as me

I love you when we share our liking to the lyrics of a song

I love you when you make sumthin for me

n come to my office to give it to me

I love you for the efforts u make to connect to my family

I love you when u say u luv me and that u r mine

I love you for the person u are

And yes, I ll forever be urs……

Loads of Luv,

Viju J

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 comments:

Nimmi said...

Hey Viju… I feel so lovely aftr reading this  Feeling blessed to have someone like You as my better half.
Never can I explain probably in words how much u mean to me… U r that special. I hope this remain beautiful just like this.. Forever!
To Viju’s fan following on this blog… U might just read thru few more stuff as he has a co-blog partner now ;) I hope Viju, together we can make many more people smile… just the way I am smiling now.

Cheers! Have a great day Viju. I love you too !!!

Unknown said...

Wow..this is so special and beautiful..I was all smiles while reading this..

All the best you guys !! Hoping to meet u soon..I'm sure u guys wil always be happy n have a great future together..

Ashwin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashwin said...

Dear Nimmi Bhabhi and Viju, This blog is amazing! loved the poems! I am so glad that one of my best friend is getting such a wonderful and loving wife! Will see you soon

Abhishek said...

Love the gesture and feelings u guys have for each other..God bless u both..

Best wishes from Me and Priti (name her in advance);)

Sanchita said...

That was fanstastic...loved it...now since you have a co blogger I expect this blog to be updated more often..

Hi to Nimmi..Good luck to both of you!! God bless

Cheers
Sanchita

Varsha said...

Vijit & Nimit: All the best while you enter this new and a very beautiful phase of your life...

Vijit I must say you have definitely found your match in the form of your soulmate.

Do keep posting more often now... would love to read something you both cook up. N Vijit continue marking those new blog posting mails more often...

Loads of luck to you both for tomorrow n for the days months n years to come by...

Cheers!!!

Nimmi said...

Dear Mihir,Ashwin, Abhishek, Sanchita & Varsha! :) Hello to all of you !
Thanks you all for the good wishes!

Luv,
Nimita/ Nimmi ;)

Amogh said...

Dude & Dudette, awesome post!

Wish both of you a great life ahead!

Many Congratulations!

Bhumika said...

Congratulations to both of u. All the best for ur new life !

Loved the poems :)

Vinita said...

Super Blog Viju...great poems Nimi...
Sahi hai Viju...Tune toh apne blog mein hi Nimi ke blog ko advertise kardiya...Jodi ho toh aisi...khush raho dono :)

Nimmi said...

Thanks for all your wishes!
Vini Di .. thanks for ur comments! Hum aise hi advertising karte rahenge! :P